Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Walking in This World

It's March 1 and almost spring. I'm joining Kristin at Journaling Saves for a creative jump start. We will be using the book "Walking in This World" by Julia Cameron. I checked my copy out at the local library.
The walking part will be easy. Dog=multiple walks.
Today was a great day for a walk. First of all I had the day off, so we could walk in the sunlight. Secondly it was around 45 which felt positively spring like after our recent snow storm. And most of the snow is melted so I didn't have to wear boots!
Now I have to turn off the voices-internal and external- that tell me I do not have a creative bone in my body. I've got to turn off the perfectionist gene which tells me unless I'm going to be an award winning novelist or painter it's not worth it. I'm channelling my inner child to enjoy the process not the product.
So let the creative process begin....

No comments: